Sunday, March 6, 2011

USB and SD Card support

With the most recent Beta update, USB drives and SD cards are now accessible through the advanced file system enabled content browser. Just plug one in and it should open automatically. Later you can hit ctrl+o and click the drive name. To copy files from it just open it in one shelf and then open another shelf to another location and drag the files where you want them. It copies pretty much instantly for small files. You can also access your drive from a tab by typing file:///media/ into the omnibox. There you can right click and save files to wherever you want them or just open them if they’re a supported file type. It’s great to finally have USB and SD card support for easy file transfer and uploading.

4 comments:

  1. Are you saying that we need to enable dev mode first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no dev mode is not required. just go to about:flags and enable advanced file system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I cut and paste more than one file at a time? I am trying to move images from my camera's SD card to the SSD of the cr-48 and it won't allow me to multi-select.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks; needed to move video file from sd card to usb drive. I used the file:///media method you suggested to save to my usb.

    The 1st method, opening one shelf then another shelf; not sure I understand...
    thanks again,

    ReplyDelete